Hi, guys, this recipe is going to be one of the best recipes, let m tell you, you can use tamarind paste as well as syrup for this recipe, if using the syrup then you would require a half cup of water and the syrup ( about two tablespoons)
Ingredients you would require, do not worry you can find each one of the ingredients in the nearby stores easily
- tamarind paste or syrup ( paste and syrup both work amazingly now it depends on your choice that which one do you prefer)
- half a cup of water ( preferably filtered water(
- four to five potatoes ( i would suggest you use YUKON GOLD and it is totally up to you if you wish to peel them or not )
- About two to four spoons of oil (preferably corn oil )
- one sliced yellow medium sized onion ( tip- slice the onion thinly )
- fresh minced ginger ( two teaspoons)
- Two minced cloves of garlic
- You can either use red dried pepper or ground cayenne ( this again is your choice if you are going with cayenne then you will need 1/8 teaspoon of it and if you are planning to go with red dried pepper then you will require the half of cayenne)
- crushed fennel (Tip do not forget you need to crush fennel only lightly so that they can easily release oil)
You will require all these ingredients to make your lovely dish but to garnish it, you need cilantro make use it is fresh and yogurt ( tip- do not use the thin one for this recipe is prefer thick yogurt)
Now that we know what we are going to require let’s get ready for making this masterpiece, do not forget to wash your hands before starting.
- People who are using the paste need to add half a cup water in the paste and after about thirty minutes drain it whereas people using the syrup do not need to drain it.
- If you wish to peel the potatoes then you need to do it right now, after peeling wash them and then cut all of them in a half and you are not planning to peel them then wash them with the skin on and then cut them into a half.
- Now the actual cooking is going to start and for it, you require a skillet ( make sure that the skillet is large) once you find the right size of skillet place is on your stove and turn the heat on (medium level of heat ) and once the pan is heated add around three spoons of corn oil and allow it to heat, one the oil is at the optimal level add your gold potatoes and stir them, once they appear crisp, turn your stove off and transfer these crisp potatoes on a plate or in a bowl
- It is time for us to cook the garlic and the ginger for it you again require one tablespoon of oil, turn your stove on add oil them garlic and ginger after sixty-seconds add red pepper flakes and if you want to add cayenne then add cayenne, turmeric, crushed fennel, pepper, cinnamon, cook for 120 seconds
- Time to add the lovely crispy potatoes and after the potatoes add the liquid tamarind and after it add onions (Note you do not have to stir the onions, these crispy onions need not be stirred)
- Use a lid to cover the skillet and if you see bubbles that is an indication to reduce the level of heat and after fifteen minutes of cooking add salt and turn off the heat.
- In the end, do not forget to Garnish.